Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sell by date vs use by date....

In my world the sell by date = the use by date... plain and simple.  I don't go by that the item is still good 5 days after said date.  It is bad come midnight on said date no ifs, ans or buts.  It is BAD!  This rule was set in stone in my mind when growing up all the food in our fridge would be bad.  It's just my mom - she doesn't toss stuff until it's W A Y past the date.  And yeah there have been some McNasty things in that fridge. 

So I have these school bus cookies that we bought at back to school time they came with 2 box tops - dude that is big time.  So I think hey I need to make those cookies this week - what a good afternoon treat on Friday.  Nope not gonna happen they go bad today 9/21/11 - so what am I doing right now - backing a whole bunch of school bus cookies that Tater & Lolly can have after school today.  But I promise you one thing come bedtime tonight those cookies will be going in the trash because they turn into trash come midnight tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment